Today we’re talking about why Nature’s Always Right, with Steven Cornett from Nature’s Always Right in Lemon Grove California. Together we’ll be talking about how Steven got started in agriculture, what compost tea is, how he got involved in YouTube and so much more….
20 – A Holistic Vet’s Prescription| Richard Holliday, DMV
Our guest today, Dr. Richard “Doc” Holliday has been a member of the sustainable and Organic community for over 40 years as a holistic vet and is the author of A Holistic Vet’s Prescription For a Healthy Herd. He studied under some of the early pioneers of the Organic movement, and is kind enough to share some of that knowledge with us today.
- Dr. Holliday started out reading the books of Louis Bromfield
- Studied soils under Dr. William A. Albrecht
- Worked with customers who didn’t believe in chemicals
- Better feed nutrition and lack of confinement contribute to healthy animals
- Conventional vets frequently treat symptoms, while a holistic approach looks for causes
- Good soil health leads to good animal health
- Sir Albert Howard, “The health of soil, plant, animal and man is one and indivisible.”
- Dr. William A. Albrecht’s papers
- A Holistic Vet’s Prescription For A Healthy Herd by Richard Holliday DMV
Listen To The Show