Scott Hebert returns to the show to talk about all the stuff he’s done since our last interview, which is quite a lot. He has sold his home, started farming full time, started a YouTube Channel, returned to art, this and more we’ll discuss…
Podcast 17 – Permaculture Principles | Scott Mann – The Permaculture Podcast
Our tag line has never been truer today, as we discuss the Principles of Permaculture as they apply to agriculture, our lives, and our communities. To break it down for us today is Scott Mann from the Permaculture Podcast. Thanks so much to Scott for being on the show, be sure to go to his website and check out his Podcast.
- Three basic ethics of permaculture are: 1. All decisions take care of the earth 2. All decisions take care of people 3. Surplus created goes back to the earth
- Twelve Principles of Permaculture by David Holmgren – https://permacultureprinciples.com/
- The strictness of a Permaculture rule often comes down to “It depends” as context the within a situation determines how it should be applied.
- We have espoused virtues that we claim to believe, and our governing virtues by which we live. The distance between the two is our integrity gap. Ideally, we are always trying to shorten that gap.
- Scott was inspired to start his Podcast by Jack Spirko’s Survival Podcast
- Transition Town Movement applies Permaculture Principles to the community. A movement started by Rob Hopkins – http://transitionus.org/transition-town-movement
- The One Straw Revolution by Masanobu Fukuoka
- Larry Korn on Youtube
- Thinking In Systems: A Primer by Donella H. Medows
- The Earth Users Guide to Permaculture by Rosemary Morrow
- Gia’s Garden by Toby Hemenway
- Permaculture Principles and Pathways Beyond Sustainability by David Holgren
Thank Scott For Being On The Show!
The Permaculture Podcast
P.O. Box 16
Dauphin, PA 17018