Our guest today is Curtis Stone the farmer of Green City Acres, this year he’s taking year off and we’ll get to a little bit about why in the show. Curtis Stone is a farmer, author, speaker and consultant. His area of expertise is in quick growing, high value annual vegetables for direct consumer market streams.
Together, we’ll discuss a wide range of topics, discussing how he applies the Pareto Principle or the 80/20 rule on his farm, how that can provide a quality of life, virtue signaling in agriculture, trends in the future and much more.
This was a great interview, we cover a lot in a short time. Just so you are aware there will be a little swearing in todays episode and an absence of political correctness, so if you are easily offended by either please listen to a different episode.
Listen To the Show
- Green City Acres was started in 2010, Curtis learned that he could maximize a smaller amount of acres to have increased production.
- Curtis uses the Pareto Principle, or the 80/20 rule. The rule is in essence that 80% of your outcomes come from 20% of your input.
- Within the last two years of being a dad, Curtis has started using this principle even more so he can spend more time with his family.
- The interest in farming started with a desire to know how to survive in a worst case scenario.
- Curtis has worked to make his life Anti-Fragile, working to have greater upside in spite of any downside.
- Can you learn more in less time by leveraging other people’s experiences?
- By starting his membership site, Curtis eliminated the trolls.
- There are exciting opportunities for integrating new technologies into the market gardening business.