Our guest today is Jason Contreras from Sow The Land in Asheville North Carolina, together we’ll be discussing his transition from California Cubicle to Homesteading in North Carolina, the Mother Earth news fair, digital skills for homesteaders and much more.
Listen To the Show
- Jason and his family homestead outside of Ashville North Carolina, with 1.5 acres, with a 1700 sq. ft. garden, also raising pastured poultry.
- For a homesteader starting out it is too easy to start off taking more than you can chew.
- The Contreas family began their homesteading journey when Jason was diagnosed with cancer. After treatment and remission, it began a quest for healthy living.
- Recently, there was a meet-up of the North Carolina homestead YouTube farmers.
- At the Mother Earth News Fair, Jason was interviewed on the Sow Edible Podcast.
- Starting their own Podcast, Jason and his wife have a debrief on what they have done through the week and the videos they have made.
- There’s a chance you may find watching someone pull weeds on YouTube fascinating.
- When you think you have nothing to share or nothing to talk about, remember, someone finds it inspiring.